Faulty handle position in shapes imported from MS Office

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Apr 10 08:20:43 UTC 2019

Hi Regina,

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 08:55:26PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> Does that mean, that you suggest to tweak the set of formulas, which are
> generated for a shape in a way, that method SetHandleControllerPosition can
> use the same calculation for all shapes? That sounds more complicate to me,
> than making the calculation in method SetHandleControllerPosition dependent
> on shape type and handle.
>
> It would still mean to examine 68 shapes and make for each one the needed
> changes.

Oh, I just wanted to point out what is the source of the formulas, but
then you already know about it. Given that they are from the spec, I
would be careful with modifying them in any way.

It feel like the correct place to fix this is where we interpret the
formulas. If it can be done without taking the shape type into account,
that sounds ideal. But I did not look into this personally.

Regards,

Miklos