Missing charts in reports (tdf#117162 + not so legacy reportdesign)

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 10 21:00:20 UTC 2019

Hello,

For quite some time charts haven't appeared in reports (see tdf#117162). I
tried to debug this and it seems datasource information isn't transmitted in
the whole chain of involved elements.
I'm a bit stuck because I'm lost between all of these elements:
- reportdesign
- chart2
- xmloff
- embeddedobj

Also, I see different things like "createInstance",
"createInstanceWithContext", "factories", different "Reference" with
cast/convert "UNO_QUERY" mechanism, interface, it's quite a mess to try to
follow the logic.
It seems there's a lot of polymorphism so when you got a variable, you never
know what's behind.

Each time I think I've got a lead, I'm losing the trace between all these
elements, a real maze here!

Any thoughts?

Julien
PS : contrary to what README indicates, it's not really a legacy. Indeed, I
created brand new odb file with embedded hsqldb, then created a report with
a chart and saw the pb was in reportdesign.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html