ESC meeting minutes: 2020-01-23

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 30 17:23:57 UTC 2020

Miklos Vajna-6 wrote
> * Cross compiling LO for Mac on Linux in CI? (Jan-Marek, Thorsten, …)
>         + mac HW is just really expensive (does not scale)

I understand that accelerating building is important and it could be indeed
interesting to be able to build for MacOS on Linux but shouldn't we
prioritize notarization (tdf#126409, tdf#128233), Retina (tdf#122218) pbs
first ?

Apple has always been expensive, nothing new here. So if we want LO be
compatible with last versions of MacOs, we must accept to spend money
accordingly (eg: to provide HW for expert devs who want to tackle specific
Mac bugs).

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html