Material preset "Metal" for extruded custom shapes

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Feb 7 13:39:16 UTC 2022

Hi Miklos, hi all,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 07.02.2022 um 09:54:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 11:46:29PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
>> LO has only a 'metal' from my last commit, which I now think has errors.  It
>> is clear, that MS Office renders it using the material color. Besides seeing
>> it in examples, the material color is mentioned in VML and in "legacyMetal"
>> in OOXML. And although the description in ODF is not really clear, it surely
>> has no reference to the material color. So we have an ODF way of 'metal' and
>> a MS Office way.
>
> That's fine. And then I imagine the intention is not to get rid of the
> ODF way, so we would need both, correct?

Yes. I have introduced a new flag "MetalColored" as property and have
add a new item to the "Surface" drop-down list in the "3D-Settings"
toolbar. The user can use a preset "Metal ODF" to get ODF rendering and
a preset "Metal MSO" to get MS Office kind of rendering. (Exact wording
for labels under discussion.)

>> So I would have to add handling of the new attribute in a lot of places. The
>> question is, do you (or someone else) will have time to mentor me when
>> needed?
>
> I'm happy to answer specific questions from you and others on the
> mailing list as my time permits. In most cases others are more competent
> to answer a given question, but usually somebody answers them. If you
> don't get a reply in a few days, just "bump" the thread ("still looking
> for an answer here!") so the thread gets the attention it needs. :-)

Thank you for your offer.

After some struggling I think I have got it now. Patch in Gerrit is
updated accordingly.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/128449

Kind regards,
Regina