Also bump Linux Clang baseline to 12.0.1 (was: Bump --enable-compiler-plugins Clang baseline?)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 14:37:55 UTC 2022

On 2/9/22 08:34, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> An implementation is now available at
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/lode/+/129705> "Bump
> linux_clang_dbgutil_64 to Clang 12.0.1".  I'll bring this proposed
> baseline bump up in the next ESC meeting.
>
> But rolling this out on Jenkins has some preconditions (see that Gerrit
> change's commit message):  "For this to work, the
> <https://ci.libreoffice.org/label/linux_clang_dbgutil_64/> machines must
> have
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/lode/+/b898c10233300052925cad8e4c78f07425f3fb08%5E!/>
> "Move setting COMPILER_PLUGINS_CXX from core to lode" (resp. its fixup
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/lode/+/da00185f0111e1f52c0f9a894bca4bc8695cbdb5%5E!/>
> "Fix quoting in previous commit") installed, and Gerrit changes built
> with that configuration must have
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/a45f057d9d2bcd28e6b4342bbdf45fec38a43ac1%5E%21>
>
> 'Remove COMPILER_PLUGINS_CXX from
> distro-configs/Jenkins/linux_clang_dbgutil_64'."
>
> I have already updated the lode repo on all the relevant Jenkins
> machines (except for the offline hc-1).  But what is needed is to make
> sure that all the Gerrit changes include that core commit, on all the
> branches that are built with that Jenkins configuration (Cloph, is that
> libreoffice-7-2, libreoffice-7-3, and master?).  My suggestion would be
> to backport that core commit to all the relevant branches, wait for say
> a week (to increase chances that Gerrit changes will contain that
> commit), and then to submit
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/lode/+/129705> "Bump
> linux_clang_dbgutil_64 to Clang 12.0.1" to lode and update the setup of
> the relevant Jenkins machines accordingly.  (If a Gerrit change still
> doesn't include the relevant core commit then, it will fail the Jenkins
> gerrit_linux_clang_dbgutil build step quickly, and will need to be
> rebased.)

For one, that core commit is now submitted to all relevant branches that
are being built by linux_clang_dbgutil_64: libreoffice-7-2,
libreoffice-7-3, and master.  I will wait for a week and then ask Cloph
to roll out the new lode setup on all the relevant machines, at which
time our Clang-with-loplugin baseline will be 12.0.1.

For another, as discussed in yesterday's ESC meeting,

>       + Any objections to make that also the general Linux Clang baseline?
>         + no objections (all)

we'll also bump the Linux Clang-w/o-loplugin baseline to 12.0.1 at that
point.  (Otherwise, we would no longer have a Gerrit Jenkins builder
that builds against that baseline, potentially silently breaking master
for people who still use that baseline.  That way, we will potentially
silently break libreoffice-7-2 and libreoffice-7-3 for people who still
use those branches' baselines, though; but chances of actual breakage
should be relatively low.)

(The macOS Clang-w/o-loplugin baseline is unaffected by this bump; it is
independently being bumped to Xcode 12.5 at the moment.  Also, I will
adapt <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_ubsan/> to use the new Linux
Clang-w/o-loplugin baseline; it currently uses Clang 9.0.1.)

If anybody has any issues with this Linux Clang-w/o-loplugin baseline
bump, please raise your voice now.