Adding new dictionary

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Feb 14 17:06:41 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am 12.02.22 um 22:26 schrieb pninim org:
> thank you for your reply. I'm aware that those are different things
> and was explicitly asking about adding my dictionary to
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/
> One of the reasons for this is that Debian derives its hunspell
> dictionary packages from that repository.

That is a problem. Ideally people who speak the language maintain it
standalone. Ideally even building them from source of whatever they are
based on instead of shipping pre-built files.

(that libreoffice-dictionaries exist because many don't care and have
messy upstreams as someone righfully put it etc.)

Building packages out of libreoffice-dictionaries is the exception from
the rule. There's many counterexamples in Debian.

Regards,

Rene