Question about LibreOffice installation

Italo Vignoli italo at libreoffice.org
Mon Feb 21 10:59:39 UTC 2022

LibreOffice is using a common transactional engine for all the modules,
and as such all modules have to be installed. The concept is completely
different from Microsoft Office, where each program has been developed
by a different group of people (in one case by a different company) and
has been "forced" into the same package. LibreOffice tight integration
is a huge advantage over Microsoft Office in term of consistency of
behaviour, robustness, and interoperability.

You can learn more by reading the LibreOffice Technology white paper:
https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice-technology/

Best regards.

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email italo at libreoffice.org
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0