Question about LibreOffice installation

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:23:51 UTC 2022

On 21.02.2022 12:38, Wael Haidar wrote:
> Let's say I downloaded the MSI package of  libreoffice, is there a way
> to select what products I need to install ? for example just the
> "LibreImpress" ?

The component selector was removed in LibreOffice 4.2 [1] because of
problems it created for users, without any sizable benefit. Note that,
as others described, LibreOffice does not consist of different
applications; so the pre-existing function was only removed small
configuration files and shortcuts, which didn't save space, but just
disabled respective menu items and functionality.

If, however, you definitely need to disable those, and you understand
the implications like possible absent/failing functionality (like
unusable mail merge in Writer, when you didn't "install" Base), you
still can do that - either manually, by removing the configuration
files, as explained at [2], or by using installation arguments - see
Msiexec use examples at [3]; the relevant features (that you would use
either with ADDLOCAL or REMOVE) would be gm_p_Calc, gm_p_Draw,
gm_p_Impress, gm_p_Base, gm_p_Math, gm_p_Wrt.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.2#Installer_.28Windows_only.29
[2] https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/dont-need-impress-or-calc/62394/6
[3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Deployment_and_Migration