Week 7 - update

Hannah Meeks hmeeks4135 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:24:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

This week I focused on Xtable,

I then ended up getting stuck on table styles for a few days, I was trying
to implement Table.ApplyStyleHeadingRows (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/word.table.applystyleheadingrows)
because there are a lot of similar style properties in word. I found this
really hard because there were only a few methods in vbatable &
vbatablehelper so I had to look into the core. I used XRay to try and make
my own style but I couldn't work out how to do this with the headings.
I ended up reading lots of code and help online but in the end I had to
give up because I couldn't find the table styles uno interface so it was
much too hard.

I then had a look at adding RightPadding -
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/137630, however this needs to be
cleaned and tested.

Next week I plan to look at the points to pixels and make sure that the
measurements line up with ms as well as to run my tests for XTable and try
to make these pass for the border distances.
Once RightPadding is complete it shouldn't be too hard to copy these for
LeftPadding etc.. (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/word.table.leftpadding).

Hannah