untangling the EOT mess

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sat Jul 30 10:23:32 UTC 2022

Hi,

(apparently) since
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ce54ba96f38b4af3aab1a7064078ee406eb021c6
(and the follow-up
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=88c511981e31c73dced95b5dc3c200fdf2a4e932)
it seems that EOT usage is completely disabled whatever it takes.

Was this intended?

I have --enable-eot and --with-system-libeot in my confiugure flags
(which are the correct ones, otherwise configure would complain about
unknown flags! - I actually adapted them after seeing those commits back
then..) and I also even get

checking which eot to use... external
checking for libeot >= 0.01... yes

in configures output

and

$ grep EOT config_host.mk
export ENABLE_LIBEOT=TRUE
export LIBEOT_CFLAGS=$(gb_SPACE)
export LIBEOT_LIBS=$(gb_SPACE) -leot
export OFFICEOTRON=
export SYSTEM_LIBEOT=TRUE
$

So far so good, but:

$ cat config_host/config_eot.h
/* config_host/config_eot.h.  Generated from config_eot.h.in by
configure.  */
#ifndef CONFIG_LIBEOT_H
#define CONFIG_LIBEOT_H

#define ENABLE_LIBEOT 0

#endif
$

which then of course makes it not built (I noticed because a upgrade
7.3->7.4 in Debian says "libeot0" is now not needed anymore).

I *belivee* that this is due to the ",disabled" in configure.ac (which
is actually even the only occurence of it):

$ grep \,disabled configure.ac
libo_CHECK_SYSTEM_MODULE([eot],[LIBEOT],[libeot >= 0.01],disabled)
rene at frodo:~/LibreOffice/git/libreoffice-7-4$
$

was disabling EOT intended? Should it be enableable? (Because right now
it is not, see above)? Should it be removed alltogether for clarity?

Regards,

Rene