What is the "dynamic" flag in errcode?

Lodev lodev at ossii.com.tw
Tue Sep 5 05:13:50 UTC 2023

Hi,

In the ErrCode definition  (include/comphelper/errcode.hxx) error codes
are defined as a 32-bit integer.  There is a "Dynamic" area in bit
30-26.  Also in ErrCode class it defines some methods like isDynamic(),
StripDynamic(), ... etc.  But we didn't find any comments or documents
saying what this "Dynamic" flags means, and didn't find where this flag
is set.

We're looking at an issue about an ods file with empty meta.xml. The
return errcode was SCWARN_IMPORT_FILE_ROWCOL but the Dynamic flag was
set, but we couldn't find where and why it was set.

Would anyone please tell me about this dynamic flag/area?

Thanks,

Dev