What is the "dynamic" flag in errcode?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 06:05:27 UTC 2023

On 9/5/23 07:13, Lodev wrote:
> In the ErrCode definition  (include/comphelper/errcode.hxx) error codes
> are defined as a 32-bit integer.  There is a "Dynamic" area in bit
> 30-26.  Also in ErrCode class it defines some methods like isDynamic(),
> StripDynamic(), ... etc.  But we didn't find any comments or documents
> saying what this "Dynamic" flags means, and didn't find where this flag
> is set.
>
> We're looking at an issue about an ods file with empty meta.xml. The
> return errcode was SCWARN_IMPORT_FILE_ROWCOL but the Dynamic flag was
> set, but we couldn't find where and why it was set.
>
> Would anyone please tell me about this dynamic flag/area?

That's for error instances that carry additional data (strings and
DialogMasks), see StringErrorInfo and TwoStringErrorInfo, and their
common DynamicErrorInfo base class, in include/vcl/errinf.hxx.  (And
note how the instance of that SCWARN_IMPORT_FILE_ROWCOL error is
constructed as a TwoStringErrorInfo in
ScXMLImportWrapper::ImportFromComponent in sc/source/filter/xml/xmlwrap.cxx.