Is it still possible to compile LibreOffice 24 for Linux 32-bit? (part 2)

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sat Feb 10 07:29:22 UTC 2024

Hi,

please don't break threads.

Am 10.02.24 um 00:53 schrieb Escuelas Linux:

> -"Debian still ships LibreOffice on 32bit archs, as do other
> distributions."
>

> Oh! Thanks for the tip! I was not aware that Debian even has binary
> LibreOffice 24.2 32-bit packages, albeit in the unstable branch.

You should check.

Also in testing and even for bookworm-backports:

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=bookworm-backports&keywords=libreoffice

> -"I do -g1 in Debian. LTO works".
>

> Where should I add the -g1 parameter?

There once was --enable-symbols=SMALL. Once was dropped upstream, I
added it back and use that one:

https://salsa.debian.org/libreoffice-team/libreoffice/libreoffice/-/blob/master/patches/debian-debug.diff?ref_type=heads
together with

https://salsa.debian.org/libreoffice-team/libreoffice/libreoffice/-/blob/master/rules?ref_type=heads#L1015
and

https://salsa.debian.org/libreoffice-team/libreoffice/libreoffice/-/blob/master/rules?ref_type=heads#L1046

So Setting CXXFLAGS appropriately should just work.

> -"And somehow the testtools bridgetest fails when building with gcc >=
> 13, 12 works. Haven't found a solution yet.)"
>

> I'm using gcc 13! Maybe this could be the cause of my compilation
> failures?

No, yours is the 4GB limit.

Which also is the case with PAE since that (ttbomk) does NOT affect how
many memory *one process* has available.

Just that the system itself can handle more.

Regards,

Rene