Import of 3D-Image from pptx

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Mar 21 22:41:07 UTC 2024

Hi all,

at the moment, a 3D image is imported as an image and displayed in
Impress without 3D. The 3D properties are in the InteropGrabBag and are
written out again on export, in addition to a rotation or mirroring that
the user has made with the image in LO.

The 3D image could be treated in the same way as an image that has been
cropped to a shape in PowerPoint. Such an image is imported as a custom
shape with bitmap filling. Such a custom shape can then be displayed in
3D mode. When saving, however, as with the cropped image, the result
would not be a pure image but a shape with a bitmap fill.

What do you think? Should I implement this or should I continue to
import a 3D image as a pure image?

Kind regards,
Regina