[Libva] Status of libva and mplayer/ffmpeg?
karthik at freestreammedia.com
Thu Oct 27 15:38:14 PDT 2011
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Gwenole Beauchesne <gb.devel at gmail.com>wrote:
> 2011/10/27 Karthik Kailash <karthik at freestreammedia.com>:
> > - Did you have to apply any patches to ffmpeg checked out from Git?
> > branch/tag of ffmpeg did you use?
> Unless you want to sync both mplayer & ffmpeg git trees, I recommend
> you fetch out the ffmpeg subdirectory from the ffmpeg.git around the
> same date as the latest commit in mplayer. For ffmpeg.git use
> something >= 2011/10/06. For libav.git, use something >= 2011/10/11 or
I just tried compiling ffmpeg HEAD as of today 10/27.
> > - Were you able to get the decoding/encoding acceleration working from
> > ffmpeg command line?
> This does not exist yet. More generally, there is no HW
> decoding/encoding acceleration in ffmpeg command line tool aside from
> Crystal HD (for decoding only).
> > - Which codec does ffmpeg use? When I run "ffmpeg -codecs", I only see
> > and h264_vdpau. Do you see a codec that corresponds to h264 with vaapi?
> "ffmpeg -codecs" should not even list h264_vdpau since it won't work
> in the tool either. However, the fact that you don't even see
> h264_vaapi indicates that you probably have not built FFmpeg with
> VA-API support (--enable-vaapi + making sure libva headers are
> available and usable). i.e. please check config.log & config.mak.
I did --enable-vaapi in ./configure, and confirmed that the va headers are
in /usr/local/include/va , and the va libs are in /usr/local/lib. The
config log files show that they checked for existence of these headers/libs
and it was successful.
After this process, I did "ffmpeg -codecs" again, and still don't see
h264_vaapi. I also tried this whole process using the HEAD of branch
release/0.8 from ffmpeg git, and got the same results.
I suppose it's ok if it doesn't show up from the command line, I'm more
interested in using the hardware acceleration in my calls to libav. Is
there example code of how to use vaapi_context in calling libav?
> > On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> wrote:
> >> *** UPDATE ***
> >> It seems to work now!
> >> The -va option was really there, that whas just my stupidity.
> >> I added "--enable-xrender" to the config flags.
> >> Also I added "-vf-clr" to the options, which avoided the filters
> >> deinterlace and screenshot from being used, apparantly using filters
> >> using vaapi (I could understand that...)
> >> CPU usage is 55% without vaapi and 6-9% using vaapi.
> >> Stubborn as I am, I will still try again to make the patched mplayer to
> >> in sync with the svn version...
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Libva mailing list
> >> Libva at lists.freedesktop.org
> >> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libva
> > _______________________________________________
> > Libva mailing list
> > Libva at lists.freedesktop.org
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libva
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libva