[Libva] vaGetImage blocking

Ulrich von Zadow uzadow at libavg.de
Tue Jul 30 14:48:02 PDT 2013

On Jul 30, 2013, at 6:00 , Timo Rothenpieler <timo at rothenpieler.org> wrote:

>> Rendering directly to texture would require some refactoring in libavg which I'd like to postpone (it's not guaranteed to be supported either, right?).
>
> No, as far as i know it will always work.
> Internaly it uses the X api to get an X11 Drawable from the surface, and
> then uses a GLX extension to convert that into a Texture.

Thanks for all the help - really appreciated.

I've tried vaCopySurfaceGLX() as well. On NVidia, everything is perfect. On AMD, I can see the video, but there is a regular framerate spike of about 100 ms every 400 ms or so, and it seems I'm getting old frames in the same regular intervals as well - almost as if old buffers were being reused. Any ideas where this could be coming from?

Ulrich von Zadow | +49-172-7872715
Jabber: coder at c-base.org
Skype: uzadow