[LightDM] Version 0.9.8 released
robert.ancell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 23:46:01 PDT 2011
Overview of changes in lightdm 0.9.8
* GetSeatForCookie and GetSessionForCookie are now deprecated. They
remain for now but use the XDG_SEAT_PATH and XDG_SESSION_PATH
environment variables instead.
* Change log filenames to be unique across different display types.
* Fix up script hooks, add regression tests for them
* Complete removal of X code from the core of LightDM, so it can better
support various display types
* Add ability to set the language of a user from the greeter
* Set LANG variable based on the user language
* Add language selector into GTK greeter (disabled by default)
* Allow TCP/IP connections if xserver-allow-tcp is true
* Allow lightdm --version to be run as non-root
* Automatically respond to PAM messages without prompts
* Create 'AddLocalXSeat' D-Bus method, and require root to use 'AddSeat'
* Fix multi-seat configuration picking the same display number
* Use correct D-Bus and power interface in liblightdm-qt
* Run pam_setcred inside the session process so pam_group works
* Make sure one session is always selected in the GTK greeter
More information about the LightDM