[LightDM] hotplug problems and questions

Martin Carroll martin.carroll at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jul 8 09:08:17 PDT 2013

Thanks Robert, very helpful info.

My next question is only tangentially related to lightdm, but I'll ask
it here anywhere in the hopes that you might know the answer:

Are you aware of *any* combination of desktop manager and greeter that
supports hotplug on gentoo machines?

Here by "supports" I mean: "I can get it to work with a reasonable
amount of effort by following instructions that are documented
somewhere."  (I'll note here that Canonical does provide a gentoo-unity
overlay that provides the necessary packages, but use of that overlay is
very nontrivial and effectively renders one's gentoo machine no longer a
gentoo machine.)

tx,
Martin