[Mesa-dev] Merging gallium-rect-textures and debug-refcnt?

Keith Whitwell keithw at vmware.com
Fri Aug 20 01:36:22 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 00:59 -0700, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> gallium-rect-textures adds the PIPE_TEXTURE_RECT target as discussed
> in the "gallium & texture rectangles" thread.
> I tested nv30, nv40, softpipe and "softpipe with NPOT disabled" using piglit.

Yes, definitely.  Thanks again for your efforts on this, Luca.

> debug-refcnt adds the ability to log reference count modifications on
> Gallium objects to a file, which allows to track down leaks and
> compute several kinds of statistics on resource creation.
> It changes pipe_resource_reference in a way that gets optimized away
> in non-debug builds, and turns into checking a flag, and calling
> another function only if an environment variable is set.

Sounds like a useful facility, I hadn't noticed these commits though -
let me take a look.

I see some direct header file inclusions, not sure if that's an issue
for embedded platforms - maybe Jose can comment.  Possibly some of these
facilities are more os/ than util/  ?

Keith