[Mesa-dev] TGSI Sanity Checker

Keith Whitwell keithw at vmware.com
Fri Aug 20 01:40:31 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 00:45 -0700, Corbin Simpson wrote:
> I can't find the email where we were discussing TGSI sanity. Did we
> want to move the sanity checker to galahad?

It only makes sense to move it there if galahad will end up being the
only user of it -- I'm not sure we're ready to make that statement yet.

But certainly galahad should be invoking it & I'd hope that it can be
worked on in its current location?

> Also should I be double-checking the documentation around galahad
> tests and making the documentation specify some of these caveats? The
> docs are currently really loose on specifying things and don't have
> any of the SHOULD/MUST/ALLOWED feel of the GL specs, but this might
> not be a problem given Gallium's flexibility.

I think it's more a function of the relative amounts of put into GL and
gallium docs.  The first step was to capture the basic thrust of the
interface, but if you've got time & inclination to take it a step
further, that's fantastic and appreciated as always...

Keith