[Mesa-dev] crash with git version of r600 gallium (ut2004)

Gwendal Le Guevel gwendalleguevel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:52:30 PST 2010

Hello,

/ My life
I'm try to follow the dev of r600 drivers gallium and dri, for some time.
I'm Happy to the progress of driver (kms, 3D performances, ...).
Even if I would like it growing faster. ;)
/ End my life

With the git version I have a crash when i try to launch a map in ut2004.

Failed to allocate :
   size      : 321003520 bytes
   alignment : 4096 bytes
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.

Crash information will be saved to your logfile.

Size of allocation depends of the maps launched.
Some time i haven't crash. But, in this case the loading is very long and
game is unplayable (one frame every 10 seconds or more).

If i revert this submit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=7055068eeae7f64166cca513282829d5a3e9b9d3
recover the previous performance.

I have try to launch the game with gdb attach (with kdevelop) but I haven't
be able to put the focus on other windows than ut2004 window. (I'm not
familiar with dev and debug on linux)

<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=7055068eeae7f64166cca513282829d5a3e9b9d3>

 Environment of test :
 - Laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
 - Ubuntu 10.10
 - kernel 2.6.36.2 build by myself
 - mesa/drm from git HEAD
 - mesa from git HEAD (with r600 gallium drivers activated)
 - xf86-video-ati from git HEAD

I'm avaliable to make more test if you explain me what you want i do.
Thank you.

Gwendal

PS: Sorry for my approximate English