[Mesa-dev] XvMC gets iDCT support (at least on R600)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Sun Nov 21 06:23:32 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

just wanted to note that I got the first implementation of the XvMC iDCT
code working. The luma/chroma scaling and clamping still need some work,
but beside from that the pure matrix multiplication seems to work fine.

At the moment it uses a quite inefficient two stage approach and on
large resolutions mplayer is complaining that my system is to slow to
play this (with only around 8% CPU in use). So the bottleneck is no
longer the CPU and starts to be the GPU calculation.

While working on the iDCT code I found a couple of bugs in the command
checker, and also implemented support for signed normalized colour
buffers in r600g, but I think I will spam the different mailing list
with separate patches about this.

Regards,
Christian.