[Mesa-dev] XvMC gets iDCT support (at least on R600)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Tue Nov 23 14:00:34 PST 2010

Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 14:17 +0000 schrieb Andy Furniss:
> Apart from -DDEBUG the extra -g is the only difference I have spotted in
> a diff of the make outputs so far.
Ok, i'm just an idiot. totally forgot that an assert evaluates to
nothing on a non debug build.

A fix is checked in, so please try again.

> I notice there are some extra artifacts on the pendulum stream now in
> the form of blocks around the coloured circles.
You can also see some artefacts on "large" (at least 8x8 pixel) areas of
black going into bright colours with sharp edges. I think that is either
because of signed normalized 16bits aren't precise enough to calculate
the idct or because of the missing clamping on non intra frames.

A would really like to just use 32 bit float buffers instead, but I just
can't manage to get them working probably. Also signed normalized
buffers only work to some degree, texture uploads don't work and some
testing shows that there are really wired things happening on uneven
pixel addresses.

Christian.