[Mesa-dev] S2TC - yet another attempt to solve the "S3TC issue"

Rudolf Polzer divverent at xonotic.org
Tue Aug 9 02:29:46 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 02:01:44AM -0700, Jose Fonseca wrote:
> [...]

I was trying to help the Linux communtiy, but apparently I failed.

Looks like all this work I did was for nothing. Nothing is appreciated, all is
"Not Invented Here".

How else should I have brought this up? I still don't understand WHY this is an
issue. Is US patent law really that retarded? I still can't believe this, as to
me that would mean that Apache would have needed a patent license in order to
transport GIF files back then (or at least, to assign the content type
"image/gif" in the default config).

Best regards,

Rudolf Polzer