[Mesa-dev] is_tex bit for TGSI sampling instructions

Christoph Bumiller e0425955 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 25 14:25:05 PDT 2011

On 25.08.2011 23:15, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Thursday, August 25, 2011 05:06:05 PM Christoph Bumiller wrote:
>> What ? No.
>> It would be:
>> SAMPLE DST[0], SRC[0], RES[ADDR[0] - 4], SAMP[ADDR[0] - 4],
>> OpenGL does not decouple resources and samplers at GLSL level.
> Exactly, meaning that a group of samplers will have exactly the same resource.
Almost; a group of samplers will have exactly the same *group* of
resources, but in this example I can not know which *kind* (2D, 3D, ...)
of resource is accessed.
> The compiler would be aware of that either way, so it'd be technically
> possible to encode in any way people would want anyway.
Right, I merely intended to mention that something has to be changed in
TGSI to make the information available.
(This is somewhat similar to using the Dimension index with