[Mesa-dev] New gallium-clip-state branch

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 16:13:32 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

There is a new branch gallium-clip-state in the main Mesa repository.
It implements the changes we agreed upon, i.e. moving state enables
from clip_state into rasterizer_state. A nice cleanup comes with it:
cso_save_clip and cso_restore_clip are no longer needed anywhere.

There is one regression in Draw which I haven't been able to find a
fix for yet. There's more info here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?h=gallium-clip-state&id=e37465327c79a01112f15f6278d9accc5bf3103f

Other than that, there should be no regression in the drivers which
have been adapted to the new interface already. I have tested
softpipe, llvmpipe, and r300g with and without HWTCL. I'll test r600g
when I get back to my machine with an r600. The only unported drivers
are the Nouveau ones. I assume Christoph will want to do that. If not,
I'll do it.

Once it's done, the branch will be squash-merged into master.

Feel free to review and raise concerns.

Thanks,
Marek