[Mesa-dev] New gallium-clip-state branch

Vadim Girlin vadimgirlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:22:28 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 01:13 +0100, Marek Olšák wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> There is a new branch gallium-clip-state in the main Mesa repository.
> It implements the changes we agreed upon, i.e. moving state enables
> from clip_state into rasterizer_state. A nice cleanup comes with it:
> cso_save_clip and cso_restore_clip are no longer needed anywhere.
>
> There is one regression in Draw which I haven't been able to find a
> fix for yet. There's more info here:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?h=gallium-clip-state&id=e37465327c79a01112f15f6278d9accc5bf3103f

It seems the regression could be fixed by moving the initialization of
draw->pt.user.planes from draw_set_clip_state to draw_init.

> Other than that, there should be no regression in the drivers which
> have been adapted to the new interface already. I have tested
> softpipe, llvmpipe, and r300g with and without HWTCL. I'll test r600g
> when I get back to my machine with an r600.

There is a regression with depth_clamp test on r600g - it fails for
DrawPixels with DEPTH_CLAMP enabled (tests/general/depth_clamp.c:117).
Probably it is due to draw_textured_quad always set depth_clip to 1.

Vadim