[Mesa-dev] new-vs on gen4

Paul Berry stereotype441 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 21:43:58 PDT 2011

On 5 September 2011 14:25, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 21:21:10 -0700, Paul Berry <stereotype441 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Non-text part: multipart/alternative
> > On 2 September 2011 18:37, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> >
> > > This series gets gen4 to be non-regressing for the new vertex shader.
> > > I'd be fine with not pushing the last patch and letting Paul's patches
> > > land, then fixing the bug as it remains there.  Once these two land, I
> > > think it's time to turn on the new backend by default.
> > >

> > This plan sounds good to me.  I'd like to land my patches as soon as I
> can,
> > since my clip distance work depends on them.  Based on your review, I
> think
> > only two issues remain with my patch series:
>
> The main issue I saw was "where do those two result helper functions
> live".  I'd be fine with leaving them in the driver if it means the code
> lands sooner.

Do you mean vert_result_to_frag_attrib() and frag_attrib_to_vert_result()?
 If so, I'm not sure what you mean by "leaving them in the driver", because
I didn't put them in the driver--I put them in src/mesa/main/mtypes.h.
 Personally, I think that's the best place for them, because it puts them
near the definitions of the enums that they translate, and it makes them
available to all code that uses those enums.  And there's no linker issue
because the functions are both static inline.  If you're ok with leaving
those functions in mtypes.h, let me know and I'll push all this code
tomorrow morning.

> 4a727e79621b52a6dfcd5c9d5e7a7c6567a422f6 and
> 29738bda57660b92cc55ae59fdf0259a3b9c7bc4 get my review.

Awesome, thanks.