[Mesa-dev] No more make clean!

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Fri May 25 07:22:50 PDT 2012

On 05/24/2012 05:45 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
> It still has the flaw that changes to source lists and Makefile.ams
> don't rebuild Makefile as often as they should.  This is because our
> top-level Makefile isn't in automake, and has just a stub am-refresh
> target.  I have a series to convert that, but it means getting rid of
> the static configs.  I'd love to see them die (they're just a trap
> these days), but I'll wait on that for another patchbomb.

I'm fine with removing the old/static configs.  I've been using
autoconf for a few months now and I'm mostly happy with it.

One thing I wish was different is the --enable-debug option.  It adds
-g to the command line, but the -O2 flag is still there and that
sometimes causes trouble in gdb.

To fix that I have to do "CFLAGS=-g ./autogen ...."   Could we fix the
--enable-debug option to remove -O2?

-Brian