[Mesa-dev] No more make clean!

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:51:07 PDT 2012

On May 25, 2012 7:23 AM, "Brian Paul" <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:

> On 05/24/2012 05:45 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
>>
>> It still has the flaw that changes to source lists and Makefile.ams
>> don't rebuild Makefile as often as they should.  This is because our
>> top-level Makefile isn't in automake, and has just a stub am-refresh
>> target.  I have a series to convert that, but it means getting rid of
>> the static configs.  I'd love to see them die (they're just a trap
>> these days), but I'll wait on that for another patchbomb.
>

> I'm fine with removing the old/static configs.  I've been using autoconf
for a few months now and I'm mostly happy with it.

> One thing I wish was different is the --enable-debug option.  It adds -g
to the command line, but the -O2 flag is still there and that sometimes
causes trouble in gdb.

> To fix that I have to do "CFLAGS=-g ./autogen ...."   Could we fix the
--enable-debug option to remove -O2?

In my own automake branch that I stalled on I had the idea of turning the
static configs into configure wrapper scripts that just help you do known
things like set debug flags. Any interest?

Dan