[Mesa-dev] Mesa install - Doubts..

sathishkumar sivagurunathan sathish1000 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 06:09:35 PST 2014

Hi,

   I am trying to check the graphics card that I have.. From internet
search, I found the following command lists the graphics card in a system.

1) sudo lshw -C display; lsb_release -a; uname -a; xrandr

The output of the command is as follows..

  *-display
       product: RV620/M82 [Mobility Radeon HD 3450/3470]
       vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci at 0000:01:00.0
       version: 00
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list
rom
       configuration: driver=radeon latency=0
       resources: irq:51 memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:2000(size=256)
memory:bfff0000-bfffffff memory:bff00000-bff1ffff
  *-display
       product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
       version: 07
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:47 memory:fc000000-fc3fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff

>From the listing, I have two controllers listed. Does it mean I have two
graphics card ??

2) Curently I have Mesa 9.2.1.. I want to upgrade it to the latest 10..

   In the install step, what should be the dri drivers of each of the
cards..

  Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller = i915

  RV620/M82 [Mobility Radeon HD 3450/3470] = r600 ???

  will these chipsets support the latest Mesa ??

3) when I run glxinfo, I get the following result..

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 9.2.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

Does this result mean I have only one gaphic card, the intel based one ?

Thanks,
Sathish