[Mesa-users] Assistance please: segfault at r300_state.c:1066

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Mar 15 14:37:26 PDT 2012

In message <CAArsGabARrXWTV4YqMF-esonQbMCYzAayRc6T4w=9Q8DALrJHw at mail.gmail.com>
, you wrote:

>>> Anyway, I am still seeking a solution and have filed a bugreport. Who
>>> maintains that r300 stuff? =A0Anybody? =A0Or is that considered too old now
>>> (and has it been abandoned)?
>>
>> Since you are using a relatively old version of mesa, you should file
>> a bug in FreeBSD first. It might be already fixed in later upstream
>> mesa versions. http://www.freebsd.org/support/bugreports.html
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tormod
>
>Also, if you just want to continue using gthumb until this issue has
>been resolved, you can try:
> LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=3D1 gthumb

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

That's just the kind of work-around I have been looking for!
(I sent off an e-mail to the guy who apparently was the original
authors of gthumb, asking for a workaround, and he sent me back a
suggestion to use one very specific ./configure option that
apparently, doesn't actually exist.)

>(see http://www.mesa3d.org/envvars.html) to avoid using the DRI
>driver. It will run slower, but I do not know to which degree gthumb
>will make use of hardware acceleration anyway.

Trust me... Running a little slow is vastly preferable to not running
at all.