NDISDUP+wwan for Huawei devices using the new 'huawei_cdc_ncm' driver

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Wed Nov 20 14:59:30 PST 2013

Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2013, 19:04:33 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> Hey everyone!
>
> The new 'huawei_cdc_ncm' driver in the kernel written by Enrico and
> Bjørn allows several Huawei devices to use the wwan port along with
> NDISDUP being called in the /dev/cdc-wdm AT-capable port that the new
> driver exposes.

> Comments and tests with the branch are very welcome :)

Short feedback for Telekom Speedstick III (alias Huawei E3276, no HILINK)

MM finds cdc-wdm0.

The list of ports:

ttyUSB0 (at)
ttyUSB1 (at)
cdc-wdm0 (at)
wwan0 (net)

In debug-mode I see also cdc-wdm0 is used for AT^NDISDUP...

Negative things:

I still have the problem that dhcp does not work at linux-next-20131119-1
(from opensuse kernel next repository)

So I can not confirm that the whole connection is working.

Connect-state is visible via LED.

Disconnect did not work: "Disconnection attempt not supported", after a long
time it has disconnected.

The IPv6-test failed completely: "Only IPv4 is supported by this modem" - that
is not true.
The (older)firmware-version: 21.260.05.02.55 (Telekom Branding) works with
IPv6.

Regards,
Thomas