AT+ECM for connection management, QNCM rx_framing and le16 length prefixed IP tx_framing

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 14:21:00 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 04:23 -0300, Julio Araujo wrote:
> Hi Dan Williams,
>
> I was only able to post the information in the forum today.
> Follow the link with the post:
> http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1969

Mostly for my own future reference... :)

Based on the files you posted, this device does not appear to be
QMI-enabled, but is AT-driven with a network interface (as you said)
controlled with AT+ECM:

<bunch of normal AT stuff like CPIN, CREG, etc>

AT+ECM=0,1,"timbrasil.br",4,0,"tim","tim"
+ECM: instance0: rm start link up
OK

and then proceeds to send IP packets on the network interface.

The network status can be queried with "AT+ECM=0,?" to which the modem
replies "+ECM: [0|1]" depending on whether the data connection is up yet
(1) or not (0).

The connection is terminated with:

AT+ECM=0,0
+ECM: instance0: rm start link down