E1750 Reloaded - QMI - STATIC - DHCP - IPv4

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:06:15 PDT 2014

On 04.08.2014 14:38, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

> Well, DHCP involves 1 additional extra step in the IP configuration
> setup of these modems, so we wanted to get rid of it as we can already
> read the IP configuration to set directly from the modem. The thing to
> understand now is what we get with DHCP that we don't get with static
> IP config.

One step forward, two steps back? :)
Via the "MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_STATIC" connection cannot be established.

Via the "MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_DHCP" connection is very much possible, even without nmcli,
e.g.
# mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect="apn=<APN>,user=<USER>,password=<PASSWD>"
# dhclient wwan0
And that's it!

Maybe the "MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_STATIC" we could call the "MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_CANNOT". :)

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/src/mm-bearer-mbim.c#n349
Besides, unlike the 'mm-bearer-qmi.c', the 'mm-bearer-mbim.c' didn't lose the "MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_DHCP".
Yet. :)

poma