problems with huawei E3372 alias Telekom Speedstick V

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Aug 30 02:56:05 PDT 2014

Am Freitag, 29. August 2014, 10:40:55 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> One of the things you need to check with that modem is whether the
> NDISDUP command is sent in the /dev/cdc-wdm port instead of in a TTY;
> I believe that the modems handled by the huawei-cdc-ncm driver in the
> kernel need to have the NDISDUP command in the same USB interface as
> the WWAN port, which is what huawei-cdc-ncm allows to do.

Since which kernel is /dev/cdc-wdm0 available for "at"?

in 3.11 there is no  /dev/cdc-wdm0
in 3.17rc2 there is

I should test with the last one.

Modemmanager tries to connect in 3.11 via ttyUSB, but there is no sign (LED)
of a connection.

The result in 3.17, I posted the logfile yesterday, modemmanager uses cdc-
wdm0, the LED shows connected, but IP-configuration doesn't work.

Should I make more traces and continue the discussion on linux-usb?

(by the way linux-usb doesn't like my email ISP, I cannot subscribe since some
months )

Thomas