E3276: Failed to find primary AT port

Graham Inggs graham.inggs at uct.ac.za
Thu Jun 19 07:50:37 PDT 2014

Hi

I had this problem some time ago with my E3276s-150, and submitted a patch:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2013-May/msg00217.html

I believe huawei-e3276-bearer-hacks.diff was eventually accepted, but
huawei-e3276-port-types.diff was not.
My firmware version was 21.192.13.00.00 and it was not a HiLink (web
interface) model (I understand these are the 22.xxx firmwares).
The modem was detected in Windows and Linux as a network device only.
There was no serial modem device, but there was a serial control interface.
AT^DIALMODE? returned 1,2.

On 16/06/2014 18:52, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> That is difficult. There is a big list
> http://3ginfo.ru/download59.html

I was recently directed to the above site and first upgraded to firmware
'Huawei E3276s-920 21.260.03.00.00 normal' and then to 'Huawei
E3276s-861 21.436.03.00.00 Universal'.  Now my modem works "out of the
box" in Linux (i.e. without needing huawei-e3276-port-types.diff) and
AT^DIALMODE returns 2,3.  Also, the modem is detected in Windows and
Linux as a serial modem device and a network device.

Regards
Graham

 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.