problems with huawei E3372 alias Telekom Speedstick V

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Fri Sep 5 12:38:00 PDT 2014

Am Freitag, 5. September 2014, 07:53:31 schrieb Bjørn Mork:

> Just one last question to make sure that I didn't misunderstand: You
> have other devices using the huawei_cdc_ncm driver and these work fine
> with 3.17 as well?

You didn't misunderstand. It is more and more difficult to test all my devices
( my origin motivation was IPv6-testing, in the meantime I have a collection
of good an bad devices)

You asked for details some emails ago:

grep . /sys/class/net/wwan0/cdc_ncm/*

I attached the values from 6 devices. They still work as before.
qmi-devices (not in the attachment) also still work.

Today I have got the second E3372 (with plug&surf-mode, cdc-ether - huawei
branding)
It doesn't  unfortunately support  IPv6, but its works out of the box with
linux under IPv4.
This is more and more useless in Germany. A lot of people suffer from CGNAT,
while IPv6 is native at home, so they cannot reach their home-equipment
(Router, NAS ) without IPv6 on the way.

Regards,
Thomas