Concurrent usage of mmcli

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Oct 6 02:40:04 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:57 AM, João M. S. Silva
<joao.m.santos.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I guess I must implement some kind of queue, from which mmcli gets the
> requests one at a time. Right?
>
> For instance, a directory with temporary files, where each file has number
> and message. Then I can write a script to dispatch one file at a time, by
> date/time.

There really is no need to do this, I believe. If you're sending
multiple SMS messages, you should first create the corresponding SMS
object in ModemManager, and then send each of the SMS messages one by
one. I see your modem is a Huawei one, AT-based, so the action of
sending an SMS is done via AT commands. Well, apart from the enabling
operation, there *shouldn't* be any issue when trying to send multiple
SMS messages from different mmcli operations. Are you having any
issues with the SMS sending operations?