[Nouveau] How Video Cards Work.

Mark Carey mark.carey at gmail.com
Sat May 5 13:31:01 PDT 2007

Chris,

On 5/6/07, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Some useful links on understanding Xorg/DRM architecture:
>
>    http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/HowVideoCardsWork
>    http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Radeon_25Architecture
>
> It would be awesome if this list could be used for us to teach each
> other about how to work on drivers.  Does nouveau have anything like
> an equivalent of the basic "Radeon Architecture" page yet?

We have a link up to the HowVideoCardsWork on the front page of the
wiki and there is some work mooted on understanding video hardware
from a beginners point of view (see IRC logs
http://lattice.u-strasbg.fr/irclogs/nouveau-2007-05-04).

It would be good to compliment this with information on "Nvidia
Architecture", sounds like a research project?

Regards,

Mark Carey