[Nouveau] Optimus and Nvidia

Younes Manton younes.m at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:46:32 PDT 2010

(Use reply-all if you want people on the list to see your emails, your
last two were only to me.)

Google "nvidia optimus linux" and you'll find some info on the matter.
The Nvidia driver does not support Optimus. As far as I know this
means that it will not work with the 330M in an Optimus chipset
because the 330M is hooked up to the Intel chip, it doesn't matter
that the Nvidia driver supports regular 330Ms, this is not a regular
330M. Nouveau doesn't support it either until someone figures out how
it works.

As far as the Intel chip is concerned I don't know if the Intel driver
will support it and just ignore the Optimus-related stuff. Maybe you
should ask that on the Intel list.

What the sales guy told you about turning it off doesn't matter.