[Nouveau] More on getting Nouveau to work

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jun 12 16:59:43 PDT 2010

I installed Fluxbox, killed Xorg and logged in again.  I got a usable
desktop, rather than a blank white screen.  Progress, sort of.  I
brought up Gnome's configuration editor, and told it to use metacity,
not compiz, logged out, and back in.  No change.  Checking, however,
it's still using compiz, not metacity, and metacity is known to be
installed.  Weird!  However, this does point to Gnome and/or compiz as
being the culprit.