[Nouveau] nvfx

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 18:35:19 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Xavier Chantry <chantry.xavier at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Marek
>
> Thanks a lot for your rebasing work.
> Here is my report :
>
> - all my games that broke with temporaries patch (they were either
> completely black or lot of black screen flash every frame) behave
> badly, but in different ways :
> * etracer is very slow and often crash in ttm code [1] (I think this
> is an old bug that just resurrected, no idea why)
> * foobillard is very slow and still flash a bit
> * strangely, neverball seems to work, I get similar results than with
> old nvfx-next-6b branch with temporaries reverted. no black flash
> while playing.
> * glest segfault [2]
>
> I also compared with piglit the old nvfx branch with the new merged one :
> 114/174 vs 113/174
> That looks quite good with 3 new pass, but 4 new fail :
> * fbo-copypix
> Returncode was -6
> * glean pbo
>     ../../../../src/gallium/auxiliary/util/u_inlines.h:77:pipe_reference:
> Assertion `pipe_is_referenced(reference)\\\' failed.
> * texCombine4:  FAIL rgba8, db, z24, s8, win+pmap, id 33
> * fp-long-alu

Hi Xavier,

Sorry for the late reply.

The assertion in pipe_reference can be fixed quite easily I think. There is
pipe_*_reference missing somewhere.

Concerning fp-long-alu, there are new CAPs for shader limits which should be
filled out but I don't know what values to put there. If the two get fixed,
it will hopefully be just 2 new failures along with 3 that pass.

> There is just fp-long-alu that is for sure a regression caused by new
> master code (some gallium changes). I don't know about the 3 others.
>
> It might be worth to re-test everything on your new branch with this
> patch reverted :
> nvfx: rewrite render temporaries code, also affecting 2D and resource code

Here is the tree with the commit reverted:

git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa nvfx-next-6b-notemps

It is compile-tested so if it does not work, there is nothing I can do about
it.

-Marek