[Nouveau] nvfx

Patrice Mandin mandin.patrice at orange.fr
Fri Jun 18 09:05:09 PDT 2010

Le Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:35:19 +0200
Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> a écrit:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Xavier Chantry <chantry.xavier at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Marek
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your rebasing work.
> > Here is my report :
> >
> > - all my games that broke with temporaries patch (they were either
> > completely black or lot of black screen flash every frame) behave
> > badly, but in different ways :
> > * etracer is very slow and often crash in ttm code [1] (I think this
> > is an old bug that just resurrected, no idea why)
> > * foobillard is very slow and still flash a bit
> > * strangely, neverball seems to work, I get similar results than with
> > old nvfx-next-6b branch with temporaries reverted. no black flash
> > while playing.
> > * glest segfault [2]
> >
> > I also compared with piglit the old nvfx branch with the new merged one :
> > 114/174 vs 113/174
> > That looks quite good with 3 new pass, but 4 new fail :
> > * fbo-copypix
> > Returncode was -6
> > * glean pbo
> >     ../../../../src/gallium/auxiliary/util/u_inlines.h:77:pipe_reference:
> > Assertion `pipe_is_referenced(reference)\\\' failed.
> > * texCombine4:  FAIL rgba8, db, z24, s8, win+pmap, id 33
> > * fp-long-alu
> >

> Hi Xavier,
>
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> The assertion in pipe_reference can be fixed quite easily I think. There is
> pipe_*_reference missing somewhere.
>
> Concerning fp-long-alu, there are new CAPs for shader limits which should be
> filled out but I don't know what values to put there. If the two get fixed,
> it will hopefully be just 2 new failures along with 3 that pass.
>

> > There is just fp-long-alu that is for sure a regression caused by new
> > master code (some gallium changes). I don't know about the 3 others.
> >
> > It might be worth to re-test everything on your new branch with this
> > patch reverted :
> > nvfx: rewrite render temporaries code, also affecting 2D and resource code
> >

> Here is the tree with the commit reverted:
>
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa nvfx-next-6b-notemps
>
> It is compile-tested so if it does not work, there is nothing I can do about
> it.
>
> -Marek

I just tested the new tree nvfx-next-6b-notemps, I think we should go
some commits before, because Luca removed the check in fbo setting
between difference in bits between colour and depth/stencil buffer, and
nv30 hw does not support that (they must be equal) and doing that
simply hang the gpu.

Commit 4787059263755fb92b2bb09ac71658d9b4cc9368 'nvfx: new 2D: add
support for render temporaries' removed this check and fbo tests
trigger the bug. Maybe Luca was planning to use temporaries to avoid
this check, but unfortunately we do not know if he finished it or not.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/

"who writes the code, decides"