[Nouveau] nvidia gt 545 and nouveau

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:51:26 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Daniel Wallace
<daniel.wallace at gatech.edu> wrote:
> here are my some logs if anyone is interested
> Xorg.0.log http://sprunge.us/CIgO?text
> dmesg http://sprunge.us/cegQ?text
>
> and
> Xorg.0.log after applying this patch
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.devel/29650
>
> http://sprunge.us/LMjV?text
>

> here is all the information I get from inxi -F
> http://sprunge.us/TOef
> any help would be appreciated,
> Thank you,
> Daniel Wallace
>
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 04:24:46AM -0400, Daniel Wallace wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:46:01AM +0200, Maarten Maathuis wrote:

>> > What happens if you want to set the framebuffer size to the size of
>> > your two monitors combined?
>> >
>> > 1280x1024+1280x1024 would be:
>> > xrandr --fb 2560x1024
>> >
>> > Afterwards xrandr should say "current 2560x1024" somewhere at the
>> > beginning of it's output.
>> >
>> > I assume your two monitors work in clone, so i i'm wondering if it's
>> > the framebuffer allocation that causes the problem.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Far away from the primal instinct, the song seems to fade away, the
>> > river get wider between your thoughts and the things we do and say.
>>
>> with xrandr --fb 3840x1080 then
>> xrandr --output HDMI-1 --pos 0x0 --output VGA-1 --right-of HDMI-1
>>
>> it now shows both screens, and everything looks fine, except for the
>> fact that the mouse is on the border of both screens, half on both and
>> I can't move it or have any keyboard actions, just have to reboot the
>> computer

Based on the xorg log this looks like some kind cursor/mouse/input
related bug. Its probably a good idea to try either the xorg
mailinglist or simply file a bug. You should do something like:

If you ask on the mailinglist i would put this ("BUG: triggered 'if
(!dev->valuator || dev->valuator->numAxes < 2)' BUG: getevents.c:845
in scale_to_desktop()") in the title, this hopefully triggers whoevers
knows what the problem could be to look at it.