[Openfontlibrary] Font File Type and Admins?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Oct 27 05:37:48 PDT 2006

On 27/10/06, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>     Mmm yes this is a problem; one I don't really see being resolved, though.
>
> Free font library?
>
> (Not replying to the list since I wouldn't be surprised if you've
> already hashed that out ...)

(Nope, so back on list, trust thats okay)

No no, just I can see both project's reasons for it.

Personally I would like to drop the word 'open' from both and use
free, because people really really need to be explained the 'free as
in freedom' thing over and over so they understand what is going on
here.

If you can get that, than there is ZERO gplv3 controversy, and there
is a clear reason WHY to the whole thing, that appears missing from
the general population who have heard of stuff like Firefox and
Wikipedia and Linux and Open Source, but they don't get why they are
made or why they are connected.