[Openfontlibrary] Font site wishlist

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Oct 30 10:00:44 PST 2006

On 30/10/06, Ed Trager <ed.trager at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Version control built right into a font editor
>
> No, please don't build version control into the font editor!  Version
> control software is evolving all the time.  If you build it into the
> font editor, whatever choices you make will become obsolete too
> quickly.

I'm also a fan of unix design philosophy :-)

When I say 'built right into', I'm thinking of a modular system that
supports various version control repositories on the backend with
tight integration with the user interface on the front end.

As Raph mentioned, there is a lot of exciting potential for innovation
when you have freedom thats impossible for proprietary foundries to
match. This is one of them.