[Openfontlibrary] Font site wishlist

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Oct 31 10:18:27 PST 2006

<topPost />

Could you please start a page for this new font file format

http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/index.php/Ideal_Font_Format

This way, we can start to track this. I would say first of all, that I
put my faith in standards, so how we could use SVG would be great.
Possibly, we could do this and expand the spec with specific
OpenFontLibrary namespace. Also, this way we could drive the future SVG
font specifications with our needs...which to me is the right approach
to get large scale adoption. Also, it would be great to develop this
spec so that it is large enough scale to be a mother/source format for
most of the other formats out there.

However, I would like to reiterate that we should keep our eye on the
prize as to this project, which is to collect open fonts :) So, however
we can support this aim through what you all are talking bout is
important...

Jon