[Openfontlibrary] [Open Font Library] Upload Flagged

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 30 22:11:04 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 11:29 +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 30/10/06, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> >
> > Just testing the system ;) It is now deleted.
>
> :-)
>
> I think its critical to not get proprietary fonts in the mix here.
>
> Can we set up ccHost to spam admins' emails when new fonts are added
> to the library so we can keep tabs on this?

We could set-up an activity email for uploads. For now, I could add this
to this list, but it might get out of control...maybe for now that is
good. Basically, we need to code an admin notification system that hooks
into various hooks and we can get info back from ccHost about this via
email...this is actually quite easy to do and could get out of control
how much info we could harvest...could you file this as a request
against cchost: http://sf.net/projects/cctools

I will get to this one fast...

> Not only would it really damage relations with the proprietary font
> community, I wouldn't want those in the USA to end up in jail for
> their efforts. [1]

Ha...yeah right...its not quite that bad Dave, yet ;)

> While www.ie7.com is an amusing gag on faceless Microsoft, the font
> community is very personable, and its important to keep a mutually
> beneficial dialog going. Ellen's presentation and Raph's typophile
> threads are examples of good practice, I think.
>
> [1]: http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=elite%20torrents

Yes, I agree...keep it above-ground, but not too restrictive (ala,
youtube vs. all other video sites approach)...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org