[Openfontlibrary] looking for corefonts replacements, how to replace?, and site search

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Thu Apr 12 09:56:45 PDT 2007

[...]

>> 3) Does your wiki contain instructions on how to map replacements with
>> fontconfig and maybe other applications? If not, can anyone share
>> examples?
>
> No, it doesn't contain this information. I've never tried this,
> although I think its possible. Please post your solution on the list
> when you arrive at it! :-)

One quick example:

 <alias>
	<family>SomeFont</family>

        <prefer>
	<family>SomeOpenFont</family>
	</prefer>
</alias>

You probably want to look at existing fontconfig snippets in fontconfig
upstream for inspiration:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=fontconfig;a=tree;h=683d8c70cb930923e825f6338ef9233dd3103c47

and the fontconfig user docs:
http://fontconfig.org/fontconfig-user.html

One of the things worth doing at the LGM2 in Montréal is expanding the
fontconfig snippets to mention the open fonts we know about and then
posting them to fontconfig upstream.

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org